Move over, Ms L!

Hi all, wondering why you are looking at this jumbled up page? This is due to the fact that Facebook didn't like our url since it starts with wog, so we have been forced to move the blog. This was some time ago, and we have placed a script which would automatically send you to our new location. Obviously, this hasn't worked for all of you, since we have just finished moderating some of your comments which appeared on this site recently, and not on our new (and improved!) site. So what we're saying is head on over to our new site, and update your bookmarks!

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Paul McCartney's Twitter Q&A: I am in fact an alien!

Yesterday, Paul McCartney took the time to answer questions on Twitter. Here are most of these:

elijah Kraling: What goes through your mind when you walk out on to the stage with a huge crowd?
Paul McCartney: Great excitement at their reaction

Jennifer: Do you have a favorite TV show?
Answer: I love 'Veep' and 'Family Feud' ("We asked a hundred people!")

Nick Tregoning: What's your favourite cheese?
Paul McCartney: I like a lot of them. How about cheddar, goats, feta and de Boursin.

andres: How did you come up with the song Blackbird?
Paul McCartney: I was in Scotland & was playing guitar thinking of a Bach piece that we used to play & also the civil rights situation.

Melissa: Did you come up with the idea for the new album cover?
Paul McCartney: No! It was my design team, Mike & Rebecca who suggested it and then my son-in-law Alastair suggested the neon.

Emily Vidovich: Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
Paul McCartney: I hardly ever see sunrises so it's sunsets for me!

Yonosoy Rodrigo: Who is your favourite classical composer?
Paul McCartney: Probably Bach.

Leticia: What was the inspiration for the song of Wings "Call Me Back Again"?
Paul McCartney: I was imagining being a kid and phoning a girlfriend who never answered.

Brandon Butler: If you could describe the "Wings Years" in one or two words, what word(s) would you use and why?
Paul McCartney: Difficult, but Brilliant!

Mary: Cats or dogs?
Paul McCartney: Dogs! (Although I love cats too).

Marcos f: There's another song from the 'NEW' album that you would like to put on the setlist?
Paul McCartney: We've been playing with 'Appreciate' but it's kind of hard to do.

Collin Searls: Will you be playing Hope (the Destiny theme) live in concert?
Paul McCartney: HOPEfully!

Alunvaughan: Have you got a favourite cover of one of your tracks?
Paul McCartney: There are so many that I love it's difficult to say but Esther Phillips version of 'And I love HIM' comes to mind.

Orbital Nick: What's your favourite bassline to play? One you really enjoy!
Paul McCartney: At the moment it's '...For the Benefit of Mr Kite'. It's challenging!

david k.: What did you learn or rediscover during the remastering of Venus And Mars?
Paul McCartney: It was a surprise to hear how good some of the tracks still sounded, particularly 'Call Me Back Again'.

Clara: Do you have any tattoos?
Paul McCartney: No I don't. Not even on my ass!

Ryan Adams: Are you a cyborg?
Paul McCartney: I am in fact an alien!

Beatlesmaniacs: Which is your favorite kind of sports?
Paul McCartney: Football (Soccer), but to watch on TV: American Football, Track, and Basketball.

Vickie Valenzuela: What was your best Halloween costume?
Paul McCartney: Alice Cooper!

User8472: Favourite Meryl Streep movie?
Paul McCartney: I love Meryl Streep. Devil Wears Prada is great, although everything she does is brilliant.

Four Headed Monster: Paul, can you tell us what is going on in these pictures please?

Paul McCartney: 1st John & I are in Paris when he was 21 & generally goofing around.
Paul McCartney: 2nd Pulling faces in hat shop!

Paul McCartney: 3rd Nipple pointing!
Michelle Gregory: Do you have a favourite flower Paul? Mine are lilies.
Paul McCartney: Probably roses!

Daniele Paula: What do you most like about doing live concerts in Brazil?
Paul McCartney: The crazy enthusiasm and youth of the audiences. They're brilliant!

Andrew Davis: Are you excited for the rerelease of Venus and Mars & Wings At The Speed Of Sound?
Paul McCartney: Yeah! I think that my team has put together brilliant packages that even I find amazingly interesting.

Manu: What is your favorite colour?
Paul McCartney: Blue comes to mind.

Patricia Francis: Do you like Halloween? What was your favorite candy as a kid?
Paul McCartney: I do like it, it allows me to go unrecognized in my disguise and Mars Bars were my favourite!

Heal the world.: Something new you learned lately?
Paul McCartney: Patience! (Not sure if it's true but it's an answer!)

Florencia: Paul, you sing in the shower?
Paul McCartney: Yes I do - 'Singing in the Rain' or 'It's Raining Men' or 'Waterfalls'!

Duda: How old were you when you wrote your first song?
Paul McCartney: I was 14 years old in Liverpool. It was called 'I Lost My Little Girl'.

Joanna Scatasti: Have you ever forgotten the words to a song while you were playing it?
Paul McCartney: Quite regularly. I think that the people in my audience know the songs better than I do. Excuse is I've written rather a lot.

Red Owl: How has being a vegetarian changed you?
Paul McCartney: It's made me healthier but certainly given me a compassionate perspective on the animals we share the planet with.

THANKS PAUL ILYSM: Would you like to visit the moon?
Paul McCartney: No I don't even like rollercoasters!

Kornball: Can you give me a nickname?
Paul McCartney: Kornball! You shall forever be known as this!

Laura: what's the first record you ever bought?
Paul McCartney: Gene Vincent singing Be Bop A Lula on the Capitol label which was sheer magic.

Diegomiralbés.jpg: Hey Paul, can you reply to this tweet saying something very stupid?
Paul McCartney: My toes are in my mouth!

Naked dude: Do you ever twerk?
Paul McCartney: The last time I twerked I was with Katy Perry. She was rather good at it!

Andrew St. Clair : What makes the studio space at Abbey Road so special?
Paul McCartney: There have been so many great hits made in that room that physically and spiritually it has a greatness built into it.

Rick Rubin's question is lost, but looks like it was about faith.
Paul McCartney: Yes I do. I don't know quite what, but I believe in a benevolent spirit that is behind everything that we do.

Rachel Foster: Favorite song you have written for someone else?
Paul McCartney: 'Step Inside Love' which I wrote for the British singer Cilla Black, but Diana Krall has one of mine coming out soon that I love.

Naked dude: Is there anyone who makes you starstruck?
Paul McCartney: Even though I've known him for a long time the nearest is probably Bob Dylan.

Phil McNamara: Favourite gig you've BEEN to (not played in)?
Paul McCartney: There are many, but Mr Carter & Kanye West comes to mind.

Domi Silva: What the World needs now is.. ?
Paul McCartney: ...Paul McCartney - vote for me! (He said modestly!) Though I'm not sure what state I'm in!

Dreamer: What makes you feel better when you're in bad mood?
Paul McCartney: Drugs, Alcohol & Sex (he says with a wink).

Shawndelle Dixon: Are you the walrus?
Paul McCartney: In fact because I happen to wear a walrus head in Magical Mystery Tour - I am the nearest any of us came! GooGoogAJoob!

Vanessa: Do you have any hobbies like collecting or knitting?
Paul McCartney: Not really, but I do have some nice guitar picks from over the years and some nice books too!

Beth Léon: Can you yodel?
Paul McCartney: Yes. I studied in Switzerland!

Maccadonia: What do you think of your young fans? I have 12 years and I love your music!
Paul McCartney: I love my young fans! I'm always surprised how many there are. I love the perspective of young people.

Victoria: What's your favorite horror movie?
Paul McCartney: «Alien» would be my favourite for the bit of chest-popping!

Laura Boxall: Can you speak any other languages?
Paul McCartney: Si, Oui, Ja!

Flora Hausammann: Is it okay for me to own 8 beatles tshirts?
Paul McCartney: It's very good, but not enough!

Yorkshire Mouth: Who was the last person you said 'Hello' to? And who was the last you said 'goodbye' to?
Paul McCartney: Just left my wife Nancy in the street (Goodbye), and Hello is you.

Ѧʟѧṡҡѧ: Will you marry me?
Paul McCartney: I'm afraid I'm spoken for. So the answer is a firm 'No!'

maria: Why are you so hot?
Paul McCartney: It just comes naturally to me!

THE FEMTROOPER: Is there anywhere in the world you haven't been but would like to go?
Paul McCartney: Yeah, China! It seems like everyone else has, but I haven't!

christine g: Who is one of your favorite film directors?
Paul McCartney: Scorsese, Fellini and Dave Grohl!

Joe Mantegna: You have written songs for others that were hits. Ever think about releasing your own versions?
Paul McCartney: I wrote 'Come and Get It' for Badfinger and 'World Without Love' for Peter & Gordon.

Idealist: Which activist group do you hold most near and dear to your heart?
Paul McCartney: Pussy Riot & Peta.

Raising Biz: Early Take - Beware My Love - Does One Exist? How about a Best of The Rest Album?
Paul McCartney: Yes indeed! And here’s the world premiere of it featuring John Bonham on drums!


mack Halley: What was it like playing with great John Bonham?
Paul McCartney: It was fantastic! He was always on my top 5 drummer list and a great friend and ballsy drummer!

Selena: How did you feel about this costume?

Paul McCartney: A trifle cattish!
Winston: What's your favorite type of pie?
Paul McCartney: Pecan, baby!

Sarah Stacey: How does it feel when you hear people singing your songs?
Paul McCartney: Really beautiful, humbling and exciting at the same time.

Cham: If you were ruler of your own country what would you call it?
Paul McCartney: Maccadonia!

Rachael Brown: What should I carve my pumpkin as?
Paul McCartney: Dave Grohl!

Mary Gerdt: What have you always wanted to do and didn't have the time?
Paul McCartney: Spend three days in bed!

McCartney also revealed that his favourite current songs are the Foo Fighters new track 'Something From Nothing' and Sia's 'Chandelier'.

McCartney's people got a few more questions answered after this session, and they will post them later.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Thanks for the collection of q&a, Roger!